What is Front-End Web Development?
Using all your algorithmic knowledge (loops, conditionals, etc.), you can now let the computer generate HTML code based on different types of events (user interactions, or system events) that occur during the life of any website.
- You will be able to create a new
<table> if the user presses a button.
- You will be able to ask the user questions and display anything on the website according to their answer.
- You will be able to redirect the user to another website after 5 seconds.
- You will be able to create games like: Tic-Tac-Toe, Hangman, etc.
- The sky is the limit! Front-end web developers can create games, websites and applications for any type of industry.
The most Important Terms
The front-end world is huge – you can specialize in anything you want, but there are some important concepts you need to know well in order to begin your specialization:
- Rendering: This is the process of creating the HTML + CSS needed to display any data or information on the website. For example: rendering an employee is a process of showing an employee on your website.
- Runtime: This is the timeline of your website from the moment it finishes loading up to the moment that the user exits.
- Debugging: This is the process of fixing the code.